Pitting Edema question???

Ok so here is the scoop, I have had been experiencing pitting edema. But only on one leg that I can tell. I have swelling on both, but only the left leg is "pitting". My face is a bit fuffy and my hands are a bit swollen as well. I am extremely tired. Like all I want to do is sleep and I cannot seem to get enough. I am approximately 30 weeks pregnant. Is this normal? Thank you for your time and information.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes and No. You should call your doctor.
    wilcoxamanda

Answer by wilcoxamanda at 11:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Swelling is normal, fatigue is normal, but the pitting is not. I've got toxemia and that is one of my symptoms. Your doctor would probably want to know and monitor your urine for protein and watch your blood pressure.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009