I have a question on Vaccination? Public schools

OK FIRST I WANT TO SAY ...I HAVE NO OPINION ON THE MATTER !!! MY KIDS ARE VAC. BECAUSE SIMPLY I DONT SEE A REASON NOT TO. (I DO NOT give them flu shot as that is one proven for autism)

My question is for those of you that do choose not to vaccinate..How are you going to get them into public schools, if you are planning public schools? Just curious as I have not had to deal with this..I AM NOT STARTING ANYTHING!!!! I AM JUST CURIOUS OF WHAT I DO NOT KNOW! Please do not assume becasue I am curious that I am agianst it...I do choose not to give my kids certain shots...but all required I do give..

BUSYMAMA5

Asked by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• im not giving my child ANY SHOTS.. and he/she will get into public school. all i have to do is sign an exemption form. its illegal for them not to take your child. same for work environments, daycare, private schools, etc. :) if you have any other questions your more than welcome to ask, i have done sooo much reseach on this :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• There are exemption forms in every state that allow unvaccinated children to attend public schools.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 2:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Oh, learn something new every day...So is this a federal law then? To ensure every child gets a proper education no matter what?
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Is what federal law? The exemptions? The exemptions vary from state to state. In some states the only exemption is a medical one, so in those states unless you have confirmation from the DR that your child can't take the vaccinations then your child has to be vaccinated to attend school. Then there are religious exemptions. Some states you have to have written confirmation from the head of your church, but many you don't and therefore lots of people lie and say that they have religious reasons when they don't. The last exemption that some states have is a philosophical one, and that just means you can exempt your child for your personal beliefs about vaxs. It's also a misconception that this is only needed for public school, exemption forms are even required if you homeschool in most states.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Oh, wow children need to be vac'ed for home school? I realy did not know that one!Yes I was asking if the exemptions were a federal law.I kindove thought it would very from state to state..as so many states are soo different...My son can not even start school without a copy of his imm. record..
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You just have to have a note from the pedi that says that your child is exempt. Some people don't vaccinate for religious reasons. This makes the schools mad, but they have to take your child. The schools get $$$$$ for the # of vaccinated children thay have. Crazy, ha?
    thethrashersmom

Answer by thethrashersmom at 1:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• The schools get paid..for vacced kids?? That is funny..no wonder they give you such a hard time .."we need vacc's to even register them" Well that makes sense!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008