Do you know how big Israel is?

I am told that israel is the size of new jersey. Most americans think it's a huge country. The arabs have so much land and they still won't let tiny israel live in peace.

teacher-mom

Asked by teacher-mom at 11:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, Israel is very small. I lived there for two years and we could take our car on weekends and go from end to end in like a day!
    But it's amazing how beautiful it is. It was a pice of dessert and it's now a first world country in just 60 years. It's unbelievable what Israelis were able to do with their country in such a short time, worhty of admiration. Especially because they haven't had a moment of peace in those 60 years.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It's actually a little bit smaller then New Jersey. None of the other Arab countries want the Palestinians.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• This is Palestine before the establishment of the state of Israel. You were told by Zionist controlled media that Palestine was "a land without a people for a people without a land". This was pure propaganda... like the WMDs in Iraq propaganda that was circulated before the occupation of Iraq . Palestine was full of Palestinians and they are today's refugees who want their Right of Return. Israel was established by literally robbing those Palestinians from their lands and properties which is an illegal act. Legally Palestinians have the correct documentation of land-ownership in Palestine (today Israel)

I wish  I could post all of the beautiful photos

tericared

Answer by tericared at 2:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• FIRST OF ALL....ARE YOU ASKING A QUESTION?? THAT IS MORE A PERSONAL COMMENT AND NOT A QUESTION!!!

It doesn't matter the size...its the principle. Someone used the example earlier this week and it was well said....Imagine a homeless person comes to your home (your land-your livelihood)....DECIDES THEY LIKE IT AND KICKS YOU OUT....would you just walk away and say-oh well, they didn't have a home to begin with? HONESTLY?

Remember how hard Europeans fought to take the United States? How America became was it is today. The revolutionary war, the civil war, the homesteaders, the gold rush. Fights for small pieces of land...for their livelihood.

And if you are still wondering....I'm Palestinian, I'm homeless----give me your house, your land, your livelihood, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, and then we will discuss politics.

AzIzAzIzA

Answer by AzIzAzIzA at 4:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• People please do you homework...it was the British that had their hands in this long ago. This area of the world has been known by the name of 'Palestine' for centuries upon centuries. The Land of Israel is a promise supposedly made by a Jewish God for Jewish people in the Old Testament, all written by 'men'. And the size of Gaza is about the size of Washington, DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

""In European usage up to World War I, "Palestine" was used informally for a region that extended in the north-south direction typically from Rafah (south-east of Gaza) to the Litani River (now in Lebanon). The western boundary was the sea, and the eastern boundary was the poorly-defined place where the Syrian desert began. In various European sources, the eastern boundary was placed anywhere from the Jordan River to slightly east of Amman. The Negev Desert was not included.[114]

LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 8:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• (cont.)
    "Under the Sykes–Picot Agreement of 1916, it was envisioned that most of Palestine, when freed from Ottoman control, would become an international zone not under direct French or British colonial control. Shortly thereafter, British foreign minister Arthur Balfour issued the controversial Balfour Declaration of 1917, which promised to establish a Jewish state in Palestine in exchange for the Jewish financial support to the British in their war against Ottomans and Germans.

The British-led Egyptian Expeditionary Force, commanded by Edmund Allenby, captured Jerusalem on 9 December 1917 and occupied the whole of the Levant following the defeat of Turkish forces in Palestine at the Battle of Megiddo in September 1918 and the capitulation of Turkey on 31 October.[115]"
    LilLizaJane

• they should go back to germany don't you think? where they had a huge country or russia or even brooklyn.
    Anonymous

• LOL yes they should all go back to germany, where they came from. It wasnt ok for them to steal land where they dont belong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh yes, back t g ermany. Where they were almost gassed to extinction, right. Something tells me the two posters above me would love that!
    And they wonder why some of us prefer to answer anonymously to these questions? Well, look around at some of the antisemites in here who are cheering on fro a group of terrorists.
    Anonymous

• "FIRST OF ALL....ARE YOU ASKING A QUESTION?? THAT IS MORE A PERSONAL COMMENT AND NOT A QUESTION!!!"
    --Yes, my question was do you know? I am wondering how many americans actually know teh size of israel.

"Remember how hard Europeans fought to take the United States? How America became was it is today. The revolutionary war, the civil war, the homesteaders, the gold rush. Fights for small pieces of land...for their livelihood."
    ---So are you saying that we should give the land back to the original owners? Should I give my house and city back to the native americans who probably lived on this land? Should I go back to where my ancestors came from? What is your point?

"And if you are still wondering....I'm Palestinian, I'm homeless----give me your house, your land, your livelihood, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, and then we will discuss politics."
    ---Did you ever have a home in Israel? Did the israelis take it from you?
    teacher-mom

Answer by teacher-mom at 5:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009