Where do you get primrose oil?

Someone suggested primrose oil. I take it they are tablets. Anyone have experience ? Does it work to induce labor? Is it better than castor oil?

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Whole Foods or The Vitamin Shoppe. I've heard that it does not induce labor but that it better prepares the cervix for labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yeah I started doing some research, and it more ripens the cervix. I think I already started that I am 70% effaced and 3-4cm dilated.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• At what stage of pregnancy is it appropriate to take this pill?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Damn i am so sick of hearing women like you wanting to rush labor. Let the baby come when they are ready. If you really CARE you will let it happen when it is supposed to. You don't like being pregnant and it is so miserable you should have got knocked up.

Anonymous

• Anon... stop bashing people cause you are miserable as well. If you knew my medical/personal issues you wouldn't be so rude. Plus primrose oil is safe from what I research. If you don't have the nerve to post with you s/n or have anything nice to say, then don't post. Your mother didn't teach you that?
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Evening Primrose Oil or EPO helps women to produce more fertile quality cervical fluid also known as “egg white cervical mucus”. This type of cervical fluid is fertile, thin, watery, clear and “stretchy” and easily aids the sperm to swim through the uterus and into the fallopian tube, and to the egg. Also, this type of fluid helps the sperm to stay alive for up to five days inside the fallopian tube, thus enabling conception to happen even if you don’t have intercourse again by the time ovulation occurs.

If your cervical fluid is thick, brown or dry, it can obstruct or prevent fertilization. Some women are very dry, and have problems in producing an adequate amount of fertile quality cervical fluid. Drinking a lot of water and taking the Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can certainly help in the production of fertile cervical fluid in these women.
    Anonymous

• I think it's use to get pregnant and it seems like its safe
    Anonymous

• So I guess I am not going to get it. I sure as heck don't need to get preggers again. I only been pregnant for the last 2 yrs it seems. Yes I know, my fault, but it was not our intentions. Long story.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009