Do any of you have an albino catfish?

This was recommended to me to help keep my daughter's frog aquarium clean. Just curious if any of you have one or have had one.

KnoxvilleDoula

Asked by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pets

• I've had several over the years. If your aquarium is set up and filtered properly you shouldn't have to be tearing it down to clean it. Do partial water changes (1/4th water volume) weekly and always declorinate the water and make sure it is the same temperature as the old water. Feed the catfish sinking pellets just before turning the lights out at night. He will "smell" them out and eat them during the night. The catfish is considered one of the "cleaners" of the aquarium community, If your catfish is one of the albino "Cory-cats" they will not get very big, only about 2-3 inches. Never keep one alone, they need company of their own kind.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yea we had a albino catfish it grew sooo fast! We ended up donating it to our Bass Pro Shops and it lived for about 4 yrs in their monster tank. It ended up being a monster itself!! They are awesome fish and they personalities i know that sounds crazy but ours did!! lol
    THERAINMAKER

Answer by THERAINMAKER at 1:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yeah I had a few just because they are cute...the little cory-cats. Everytime I have fish I make sure to get a couple little cory-cats. I haven't had an tank in about a year though. I had a foster kitten who used to mess with mine and i just saw a disaster waiting to happen. This kitten was into everything though including my rat!
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Thank you! We got one today!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2009