Do you think that single mom are envyous of married mom.

I wonder how lonely single mom are at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• well i'm not a single mom, but dh is deployed and i get lonely at night. so i'm sure they do as well. can't speak for them though.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• this is the same person who accused single mothers of making excuses for everything.

What is your obsession with single moms? Become one and then you will understand how incredibly difficult it is or get off the message boards with your drama and judgment.

I have no problem reporting to CM when I see things intentionally started to stir up a particular group of people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Single and not lonely here! I don't need a man to make myself complete - God does that for me. Besides, there are enough married women out there lonelier than I could ever be, even in my darkest moment. I think for some women, it's hard to be married and not loved, than to be single.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would have to say that most single moms are very pleased with their lives. Just because your single in no way means your lonely. I know many married moms who feel very lonely in their marriages.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• No...

I am not single..but most of my friends who are married/have a partner usually settle for less...or settle for someone who isnt completely combatible with them. All they do is argue and get annoyed at them...I am sure single women see this all the time too...
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have been married for 21 years and have no idea what it is like to be a single mom. However,my mom was a single mom and I have several friends who are single moms and they live happy, productive lives.FAR FROM LONLEY!  I feel sad for the women who stay in abusive/unhappy marriages in fear of being lonely.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• As a single mother, by choice, I would have to say I am very happy with my decision. I am not lonely at night, I do have a boyfriend I care for and have fun with, but I don't rely upon him for my emtional happiness or to validate who I am. To be honest, living with a man is very stressful to me .... the whole concept of marriage to me is very confining and doen't fit with the person that I am.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• And so you know envyous is spelled ENVIOUS
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I was s single mom for quite a long time and I wasn't lonely. I didn't need a man to make me happy, I had a perfectly fullfilling life. I am so incredibly happy to be married now and would never have it any other way but I'm glad I was a single Mom first, it made me realize how incredibly strong I am.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• depends on the woman. Some single moms, where dad is out of the picture completely, have told me that they like the fact that they don't have to compromise or ask the other parent about a parenting decision - its all on them. There is a certain sense of freedom that goes with that. As well as one mom told me she felt closest to her oldest son because for so long it was just the two of them. This same friend told me it took some time getting used to the fact that she needed to talk to her spouse about her child and what THEY were going to do as parents. She loves her husband to death but she doesn't always agree 100% with everything he thinks and does. On the other hand I know some single moms who miss having the companionship. For those moms it is not about the money (they make their own and do just fine), it really is about having a true partner. So it is a little of both at times.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009