so I have a spouse overseas

I just feel compleatley alone..... I know its normal to feel like that its my husbands 3rd tour but its so diffrent now I feel like I have no friends because there always to busy to talk or hangout and my family doesn't want anything to really do with me due to my adhd son is always so crazy even on his meds I am so depressed and my weight goes up and down like crazy and I never sleep how do I stop and get my life back....my son to behave and feel like I have some meaning?

soldierswife11

Asked by soldierswife11 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Stay positive. I know it is hard at times but its a way to get back on track. I have a friend that is ADHD & the good news is they can live a normal fabulous life! I can give you suggestions so feel free to contact me. I'm here on cafemom often. I know that my friend has to eat healthy & she refuses to eat any processed foods & only eats natural things. This keeps her on the straight & narrow. Find your son a hobby that involves any type of exercise. This will be GREAT for him. You have friends & that's great but make new ones too! Get yourself out there & more involved to make you & your son live a more healthy lifestyle. This will help you stay busy & helps the days that you miss your husband. Do this for yourself first & then work on the ones that surround you. Make a list of things you want to accomplish. It's going to take time so be patient, have faith & believe in yourself.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• if his meds don't work, change it. don't keep him on the same meds, there are many and one will fit his symptom. my dh left 9 months ago, and i'll never feel complete until the day he comes home. find things in your community maybe on post, to do with your son. from my experience, no meds work better than excercising and outdoor activities with adhd kids. how old is he?
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i'm with you on that one! i just try to go to playdates as much as possible, and keep my kids on a schedule. my kids are feeling it, they're acting up cuz of daddy being gone, especially my son. i just stay strong for the kids and take it one day at a time.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• HE IS 2 1/2 his doc says they dont diegnose adhd till 5 but in my sons case they did and have put him on meds early because he will be going to counsoling to thats the cauch
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009