what ever happened to the girlfriend code?

there used to be rules, what you could and could not expect from your friends right? so why is it that we are hearing less and less of friends going out of thier way to help each other and be friends and more of stuff like my husband just left me for my best friend? what is wrong with people these days that they would do something like that to a friend? i'm just confused as to how anyone could do something like that to their friend. erg. so do you and your friends have a girlfriend code?

princezzmommie

Asked by princezzmommie at 2:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I know who you are talking about and I will repeat myself, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw!!!! What do I always tell ya'll about thinking?!?!?!?!?! What she needs now is a bunch of really good friends calling her and probably a good divorce lawyer. I have 2 really good girlfriends and you know who they are. If they really were good friends, she would of known that her friends' husband was off limits to begin with. I'm sorry, you just don't do that to your best friend!
    gbcouv71

Answer by gbcouv71 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Uhh no..One of my no longer friends actually slept with my EX(mind you we had 3 kids together).She was suppost to be watching kids.LOL I have really lost contact with my friends as they are sill into going out to the club's..Not for me anymore..but I do have one friend that we are almost totally the same..and we both agree...My man off limits..if I need you you better be there!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No matter girlfriend or not, just people in general have no boundaries these days or morals. Its sad, you always have to be caustious with people these days and go slow. It would be nice to have a good friend you can always count on and trust no matter what and consider her like a sista.
    Bella007

Answer by Bella007 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I just dont have close friends anymore! I have ppl I talk to but none I can really trust. It is sad but the only people I trust is some of my family and my husband and kids. You have to be self realiant when it comes to everything these days. Sucks you lost a good friend and your husband!! People these days errrrrr!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well i understand what you are saying. i guess that why i stay to self and really do not have any gf due to trusting anyone. i would love to have freinds that are there for me not me there for them all the time . i do it all when it coems to my friends but no one will listen or be there when i need them. so why i just stay to self somy kids will not get hurt or me either. it wrong how women act at time. it so high school BS> hugs i hope it get better for you.
    SassySugar40

Answer by SassySugar40 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I used to believe in the unwritten code myself. It burned me. I think sometimes people want what you have and they don't care about the consequences of their actions, why I don't know. A lack of integrity, a breakdown of society's morals.....who knows.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i have 1 close friend and we know of that unwritten code. She is the only one I trust to obey the rules there fore she is the only one i trust to be totally in my life. as for other women... not so much. I had my ex sleep with my friend I introduced him too. Then My bestie go behind my back spend time and lie about me to my very serious boyfriend. like the other people I believe it is a lack of morals. That is why as a mom of 3 girls I am keeping them in church and Pounding morals in there heads at young ages 3 4 and 6.
    pebbles86

Answer by pebbles86 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I am sorry for you. Who needs friends like that? You may need to reconsider the kind of women you are choosing for friendship. That woman probably wasn't an all around honest person if you think about it. If she would do that to you, she would do alot of other things like. I hope through this mess, you determine to find some trustworthy women. They may be older and seem less "fun" at first but with it comes maturity and trustworthy friendship. Consider it a very hard lesson learned and burn it!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have 3 very close friends who, I believe, know what is off limits. Like dating certain exes. (Or sleeping with my man!!) I would be very upset if any of them dated one ex in particular. He just meant too much for me and it would be painful. I don't think any of them would go there, though. Actually, i don't think any of my other friends would, either, but you never know. Most of my friends are a bit younger than I am, but these 3 are closer to my age, and in a similar situation to me. I think that means a lot. When it comes down to it, though, I don't think you can truly trust friends. I do, but it may come back to bite me in the ass! It has in the past.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes I agree..pick your friends wisely.

When we were younger, we used to have that code....if you dated someone for an amount of time or if you really liked him..he was off limits to your friends....and vs versa. IT just was not done. Our friendship was to important.
    If it is someone I may question, I dont have them around.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2008