What can I do?

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/100489/Whats_going_on?cat_id=1

I asked the above question last night. I went to the hospital I am 37 weeks and 6days. They kept me there for ever. And I was progressing but the Dr didnt want to do my c-section til I was 38 weeks so he had them give me shots to stop the contractions. Which they didnt.

They were suppose to give me more but she said sence my heart rate was high they couldnt give it to me. So I went home and the contractions were still there but not as much. Well today they are back. They are not as fequent as they were last night yet but they are as strong.

I am thinking all i have to do is make it til tuesday to my next appt cause the dr toldme at my last that if I was dilated any she was going to send me to the hospital.

Anything I can to to make them subside so I can make it to tuesday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope if that baby is ready to come out then he is coming out you will have to back to the hospitable to have them try and stop them but there is nothing YOU can do to stop real contractions if they were BH you could drink some water and lay down
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would say just try to take it easy, but the PP is right...if that baby is coming, that baby is coming. I don't know why they're being so picky over just a couple days!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well do you think I should try to get it going more like go for a walk or something. The nurse at the hospital was going to have me walk around last night but then the Dr decided to hook me up to and iv and give me pain meds so he said I couldnt walk around. She said if I progress to far they have no choice but to admit me. I dont know what to do I want her out but I want her to be healthy.
    Anonymous

• I would be!!! You're far enough along and your body is telling you you're ready.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• just let it progress naturally i think you should go back if they get worse because it sound like you wont get to 38 weeks and i think it was stupid of them to send you home without making sure they competely stopped your labor but dont push your labor on cause if you have to have a cesction you might progress to fast from them to do it just take it easy
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Get in a warm bath and relax!!!!!!! Prop up your feet and do as little as possible. The more you do the more you can put yourself into labor. If the contractions continue even after your in the bath(submerge the belly as much as possible-use a towel and cup) then im sorry to say you are in labor and there is no going back. Just slow it down by basically putting yourself on bedrest. good news though, you can be in labor for days before going into Active labor-when the cervics starts dialating and the water breaks.
    MeganLSBartz

Answer by MeganLSBartz at 12:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The shot they where going to give you is called Brethine or Tributaline (same med dif names for it) they can not give it to you unless your heartrate is in the normal range because the med raises your heartrate by alot! You should just try to rest and stay hydrated, drink lots of water and keep track of your contractions- if you have more then 8 an hour and they are consistant call your obgyn right away- thats a sign of labor coming! Or if your water breaks of course....Good luck
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2009