Which one?

I know this migt sound stupid.

OK I was in the hospital all night with pre-term labor which they had to stop. I didnt get home and in the bed til 6am and my kids woke up at 8am. I had to get up with them. My SO wasnt home yet. He works nights and "something" happened to our car so he didnt get home til 10am and they he went straight to bed. I am sitting here still in pain and groggy from meds and trying to take care of my kids.

Do you think it is fair for him to be able to sleep til he is rested and me not when I was the one in the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I know how to settle this you BOTH stay up nobody gets the better treament because although your pregnant he worked all night...
    Anonymous

• I said I know it sounded stupid and I would be happy if he would just get up I wouldnt go in there and sleep but at least I wouldnt be getting more stressed having to deal with a 2 yr old that dont listen. I just needed to vent.
    Anonymous

• Both of you should work together. He should sleep for a couple of hours and then you should go wake him up and then you can sleep some. My dh and I have done this many times when al the kids are sick and one of us needs to be up...we take turns getting sleep...
    my4kids274

Answer by my4kids274 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It isn't stupid when I was pregnant towards the end I was exhausted and I worked and went to school til that baby popped out. My fiancee always put me before himself though he was exhausted from working all the time too and even after the baby was born.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 12:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I will be 38 wks tomorrow. So I am kinda ready. I have to have a c-section and the Dr didnt feel "safe" doing it before I got to there. So they stopped it. I am just SO tired and if he was out here helping me it would be so much easier.
    Anonymous

• Well he worked all night and you were up all night so youre about even. Let him sleep then wake him up around 2 and ask him to watch the kids while you rest.

Answer by gemgem at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would be pissed at him. So he worked all night. I know that sucks but getting hooked up to meds at the hospital in the middle of the night is no picnic either. He can sleep for a bit then you get to rest. Bottom line.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would see about calling your parents, or his, or SOMEONE, and explaining the situation, and asking them to watch the kiddo for a couple hours so that BOTH of you can get a at least a few hours of sleep.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• personally I agree with : my4kids274 and CarolynBarnett.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• There is no easy answer, I agree with finding someone to come in and help, so both of you can get some rest. He does work and cold it be more dangerous for him if he goes to work groggy (I don't know what he does, but this is true with my husband).

One other suggestion I have and I have used it many times, is to lock you and your dd in one room that is safe, put on a bunch of movies and keep some foods and drink close by, then just lay around and let her have fun, the house can wait to be cleaned. For me it is the living room but a friend does it in her childs room cause it is the most baby proof.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2009