What are everyone's thoughts on door to door sales?

I'm just looking for general thoughts on what people think about someone coming to your door to sell some kind of product.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• I cant stand it.

Answer by gemgem at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• ANNOYING
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 12:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I personally don't like it. We live in a neighborhood that's kind of out of the way so we don't get very many. I'm never rude to them when they come by I just let them know I'm not interested and a quick thank you. **I never open my door if my DH is not home to a stranger, unless I have made an appt for someone to come out**

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Freaks me out.
    I understand that the economy is having issues...but it's kind of dangerous for both parties involved to do door-to-door sales : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Can't stand it. Thankfully I live in a town the has made door to door soliciting against the law without a permit. It basically takes an act of God to get a permit..LOL.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I shut the door every time. If you are considering this, don't count on making any money on it.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• There is absolutely NOTHING I need that an UNSOLICITED door-to-door salesperson could possibly sell me! In this day and age I am (and EVERYONE should be) VERY leery of opening my door to a complete stranger (unless I have called a company for a home repair/service), and inviting them in my home--even if they are a woman!

I actually had a young man come to my door stating he was from a "home security company" that I never heard of, asking how long we have lived here and about my security system!!!! I replied: "I've lived here long enough to know that my security system works just fine, and if I ever need a new one, I know how to use the phone book!"

LOL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• When its nap time i hate it!! But I keep in mind that its a normal person out there earning a living. I feel bad for them cause I wonder does anyone ever buy?
    MeganLSBartz

Answer by MeganLSBartz at 12:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• About a year earlier I had a SHADY looking duo show up at my door trying to sell me some cleaning product! Mind you, they were dressed like THUGS, had no ID, and the spray bottle one guy was holding had no label, and the other guy had a BACKPACK!

Before I even opened my door, I looked through a side window, saw it wasn't anyone I knew, and tried to ignore them, but they kept ringing the damn doorbell! I opened my front door a CRACK, told them I wasn't interested through the locked storm door, slammed the door and locked it, and promptly called the police!

cont.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Literally within 3 minutes I had 2 police cruisers at my front door (the police in our town have NOTHING to do except play superhero and write speeding tickets--LOL!). I told them what happened, and the direction they took off in. About 15 minutes later, an officer called me to tell me they found the guys, and were "escorting" them out of town!!! I was still FREAKED out for a couple of hours afterwards!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009