What does NO SOLICITING mean?

We have that sign on our front door but yet we have boy scouts, girl scouts, some organized school sales, Joahovas, and other sales people. I posted that sign a year ago cause My dh and I are sick of being harassed at our home.
Today I was upstairs giving my 3 yr DD a bath, after I washed her up I sat next to the tub and watched her play. My 9yr and 7yr boys were watching tv down stairs and dh was sleepin. We had a couple of boy scouts and a woman, my son guessed her as their mom, show up. My oldest answered the door and told them to stop coming over we arent buying and slammed the door shut, then came up stairs to tell me its more boy scouts, this is the 10th time they showed up and the other 9 times i said Im not interested, read the sign, good bye.
my other son said that the younger boy cried and the mom was mad about it. by the time i got dd out of the bath and downstairs they were gone.
so is it that people dont know how to read or is it that they dont know what NO SOLICITING means? ima bout ready to go to the Halloween store and buy some fake body parts and some thertical blood and bury them in pots by my front door, next to a voodoo doll, but with time of year it probably wont be as effective.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think half the people in my area even know what that means, or else they don't care. I am pregnant and I was supposed to be resting but people kept knocking on my door, even with my no soliciting sign so I got a piece of paper and wrote "I have a home church and religion, I don't want to hear about yours, I don't want to buy anything and I am not willing to make any donations"
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• Here's another one from the same site (www.safetysigns.com)

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• don't answer the door unless it is Halloween. I never do because I am from NYC and been there done that.......
    geminilove709

Answer by geminilove709 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• I had a sign on my door that said that when I lived in an apartment complex. A religious organization knocked on my door. I opened it, pointed to the sign and the guy said "oh, I am not selling you my religion. I am saving your soul."

Now I live in a house with a locked gate and 2 dogs in the yard. Some dude jumped the fence yesterday, bypassed the dogs and tried to sell me windows.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• if we dont answer they continue with the door bell and dh works 3rd, if he gets woke up none of us will hear the end of it. he gets rather crabby if he gets woken up before his alarm goes off. people here are clueless
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• love it rosehawk...i should print that off and put it in my front window
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• Get a surveillance camera outside your house and a player that barks whenever someone rings the doorbell like Ferris Bueller's Day Off movie. lol. Maybe get a clear sign that shows what Rosehawk stated in her comment. ;)
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• To be honest, I didn't know what that meant until I got into college. So yeah, its possible these people don't know what that word means. They need a sign that says "you won't sell anything here, don't bother."
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• Well I understand your frustration & you should put the signs that Rosehawk posted, but also your older son needs to be more educated in how to respect, it's not in his hands to slam doors in adults faces that was very wrong & you should tell him to not ever do that again IMO.
    Anonymous