What could I say to get through to my husband?

wow, I am so annoyed, I will buy my husband nice clothes that are not cheap, for work...and he not wanting to bother changing into crap clothes goes and works on the CAR in these nice slacks and gets oil all over them! The next nice pair I buy him he gets a grease stain right on the front and then says oh here I'll take care of it and pours detergent all over the stain and leaves it there for 2 days (he told me he took care of it) I find an even bigger stain on these new ones of grease and soap...sigh...he says knock me down some more what do you want from me like I'm badgering and nagging him...what should I say then?! Nothing?? its like throwing money away!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Stop buying him clothes, and personally I would stop washing them for him as well.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Stop buying him expensive clothes. Buy him slacks from Walmart.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• DITTO!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• buy from wal-mart or a secon-hand store and make him do his own laundry, or better yet make him BUY and CLEAN his OWN clothes, either he'll get it, or he'll learn how to do laundry, or both!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree tell him since he doesnt appreciate the clothes u buy go buy his own and then wash em his own greasy clothes
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 3:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yep, I agree with all the others. I was going to say the same thing. Why are you buying expensive clothes if you know he won't take care of them. It's your fault too. (For buying those type of clothes for him)
    It's his fault for messing them up.
    Anonymous

• Stop buying him nice clothes. He's not that type of guy. He can look really good and tasteful in more durable clothes that can camouflage the grease stains. More black clothes help too.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009