Any suggestions? my throat burns after throwing up...please help

as i was puking my guts out i remember why I didnt like red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I havent had it in years so I picked some up from the bakery. Now my throat burns like crazy, its like a stinging burn. I tried water, milk, and just sprayed some of that sore throat spray and its starting to wear off. Im outa pepto so what can i take to calm down this acid?

GypsyMoon605

Asked by GypsyMoon605 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2011 in Health

• Small sips of COLD water.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 9:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• thanks freeforall, thats been helping. I never had this happen before...the burning feeling after, i was a lil freaked out. so now i know absolutely NO velvet cake ever. I dont remeber gettin this sick the first time I had it
    GypsyMoon605

Comment by GypsyMoon605 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• TUM tum tum tums!
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• If the water doesn't quite cut it, you can put 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a glass of water, drink a couple sips, then gargle with it a little. It'll neutralize the stomach acid that's stuck to your throat.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• Try honey in tepid water.

Your throat doesn't have acid in it --it's been chemically burned. You need things that are soothing to burns.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2011

• I also have acid reflux so im having hella heart burn right now. the baking soda helped and im gonna have a cup of sleepy time tea and ill add some honey to that. thanks for the ideas
    GypsyMoon605

Comment by GypsyMoon605 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2011