How involved are you in your church?

My family and I have become members of this church like 3 months ago and we go every Sunday now and we've had bible study time with the pastor, the others that attend ask us to come over to their home and have more bible study and fellowship time an all this stuff, I don't know is it wrong of me not to want to go, just to want to have a quiet calm Sunday after church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I was in the church I was very active. 2 times on Sunday. I led teen groups on Tues and Thurs nights. Bible study on Wednesday. I cannot find a church in the are that actually believes the bible though.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Very - Friday night prayer, Sat. service, Sun. AM service, Sun PM service (we only have it once a month other wise that is the night for Youth service), Tuesday practice if I'm serving in service that weekend, Thurs bible study every other week. And I absolutely love it. When I wasn't serving God and partying and living in the world and going to clubs it didn't bother me how many nights I went out so I'm determined to give more time to God than I did to the world. But that's for me.

Also, our church doesn't do the home bible studies.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• :( Just Sunday service and bible reading at home. When I was single 2 years ago I was very active. Childrens ministry teacher ,mexico mission trips, door to door evangelizing and convalsesnt homes ministry. Now my focus is my home ministry and visiting my mom at a nursing home.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm sort of in the middle of church homes right now. But I do belong to a couple groups that meet once a month. I think if I could find a church I actually felt in home in I would want to be more active. I think you should do what feels right to you. There's no rule as to how much "church time" you must give.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Somewhat active - church on Sundays and holy hour on Saturday nights. Some mid-week services and Holy Days. I used to be in Choir and hope to re-join when my son is a little older (maybe this summer). I'm also on the RCIA team teaching adults who are interested in coming into the Catholic Church - mostly every other Sunday when my son is at his father's. My involvement has been less lately for many reasons, but will be increasing again during 2009. Sometimes, I just need to take a break from constant activities.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• very. My hubby is the paster and i do the youth.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• At one time I was very involved- over involved actually. My family got neglected.
    I believe there has to be a balance. You can be too involved and get too busy with the church. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have a nice quiet Sunday. I really don't like doing much on Sundays after church. It's a relaxing day at home for the most part.
    rosiecotton

Answer by rosiecotton at 8:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I don't go and I don't feel that you have too.
    logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am currently just starting to go, and I hope that if I feel comfortable there, then I think I would like to maybe join the Choir. But I have two small children, and a deployed husband. So it will be limited for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• MOPS on Monday nights, Bible study on Wednesday, and church on Sunday. After church on Sunday it's strictly family time and you aren't wrong for wanting that. There is a time for fellowship and a time to nurture your own family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2009