Did you have your son circumcised?

Why or why not?

My son is 4 weeks old & we have not curcimcised him yet because we are stil debating on if whether this is something we want to do or not. I really don't want to, especially after reading this.. :(

http://www.parenting-boys.com/Pros-and-Cons-of-Circumcision.html

Preciaann

Asked by Preciaann at 3:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• nope it's not necessary or any medical reason to do it my friend just got her son circumcised and half of the foreskin grew back and so he has to get it done again he's 4 months old now my son is 4 weeks and 2 days :)
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• I have two boys both circumcised. They both breastfed for a year so no problem there, the 2-10% is nothing to worry about there are tons of terrible things that have those kids of odds that you do everyday, during the procedure it was terrible they cried but with a little Tylenol they were fine in about a day. Lets be realistic about it, penises are kind of gross looking and it's worse when they're not trimmed up. If you really want him to have a healthy sex life (which is half of the debate on the page) when he's married make sure you give him the best chance of making it as appealing as possible. Plus my husbands is trimmed and you never hear him saying "I wish I had more sensation," really have you ever met a guy that needed more?
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• Yes,it was done before they left the hospital.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• Yes our peditrictian said it was healther for the baby.. I don't know if that's true but we did it
    ijsmomma

Answer by ijsmomma at 3:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• I wouldnt got my son circ. My bf is happy hes not. Its not a for medical reasons its for looks. The circ. 1s ive seen were crooked. Id prefer not to be. My mom also regregs it bc they messed up on my brother. Would you rather him zip his head or his skin? Every guy zips himself atleast 1nce in his life.
    teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 3:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• If it ain't broke why fix it?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• I personally didn't. I see no valid medical reason to have it done.
    mommytomyson

Answer by mommytomyson at 3:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• I have met a few guys that didn't have enough sensation. I met one a couple yrs ago missing about half the head because of a "slip". I apologized to my oldest for having him done because I didn't know any better. I have also met guys that couldn't orgasm about 60% of the time...the 2 intact men I know didn't have those issues. My S/O now is intact and I wouldn't have it any other way....Why not remove the labia from girls while we're at it...it would look better and be "cleaner". One day maybe we will realize that changing someone's body without permission or medical need is an assault and they could react mentally as though they were...despite what anyone thinks...or what people think is best for their family. I am glad they finally are calling it cosmetic (what it is) and that some insurances have dropped covering circ.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• We did our oldest. We were young, dumb and uninformed. We refused to have our others son circumsized. We never had any issues with him asking why he looked different. I explained to him why he looked different. We also told him when we knew better we made better choices. My son has never had an issue health wise. He was taught from a young age how to clean himself properly. You teach a girl to wipe front to back...you teach a boy to retract his foreskin. I would never put another child through it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2011

• Its sounds like its more than a 2-10% chance of something going wrong....
    teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 3:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2011