hey still having BIG problem with 2 year old help!!!!

well i wrote a post yesterday about this my son is refusing to sleep in his room tonight will be a week this is going on. i took the info yall gave me yesterday and we tried it last night people said that maybe he was scared of the dark that is not it. he is 2 he still sleeps in a crib and about a week ago he showed us that he could get out of it ever since than he hasnt been sleeping in his bed, well now i dont think that he is doing because he is scared i think it is because of the attention what do we do he has his 2 year appt. tomorrow and i was going to ask the dr. but hubby has to go back to work tomorrow. and by the way he has been sleeping in the bed with us which he has never done he has always been in his bed. what do we do?

Wyattsmom205

Asked by Wyattsmom205 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he's ready for a toddler bed. I'd take him to the store to pick out a bed and fun bedding. Once his new room is set up, I go the Supernanny route, which will mean a few nights of no one getting any sleep. Explain to him that he needs to sleep in his own bed and establish an early, consistent routine. Don't wait for him to get too tired. My son just turned two at Christmas and this is what we do:
    continued ...
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• At 6:00 p.m., he has a bath. Around 6:30 p.m., we read bedtime stories and have milk in the rocking chair in his room. At 7 p.m. we brush his teeth and he uses the potty. He climbs into his bed all by himself and I sit next to his bed for about five minutes and sing him three lullabies. After that, I sit in the rocking chair for about another five minutes across the room and he falls asleep very quietly.

continued ...
    DeTora_Family

• It took about three days to establish this routine and at first, he would get out of bed quite a few times. Once I explained to him that it was time for him to close his eyes and go to sleep, I didn't say another word. If he got out of bed, I silently picked him up, put him back in bed, tucked him in, and repeated this 20, 30, 40 times until he gave up and was too tired to do it again, lol! It worked very quickly and six months later, he doesn't get up unless he needs to use the potty. I keep a potty right next to his bed, but that's a whole different post.
    DeTora_Family