Is anyone on here getting tired of the media?

The reason I ask is becuase John Travolta just lost his son and they are like well when are getting conflicting reports. How about you wait until the medical examiner give his results and then we would all know... Somtimes the media has no grace about themselves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The media is just a sensational outlet. They talk about and print things that sell, which usually includes controversial, celebrity, political, and outlandish topics. Every outlet wants to be FIRST in reporting breaking news--regardless of whether or not the story is factual.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am always tired of the media!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I find the media fascinating, not so much for content, but for organization. Reason why, my professional life to a point has surrounded itself around media. My first business was sort of a consulting, but I was drowning in competition. I lost that business. Now I am working for a position, which is another opportunity to do extra footwork to become more strategic to cut costs. When I start again, I will be a lot smarter.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm not tired of the media at all. I do not find all of it appealing and pick and choose what I watch and what we listen to. The Travolta thing will be big for awhile, but I am surprised with what is happening in Gaza, that it is getting the amount of attention it is.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm not so much tired of the media as I am tired of their one-sided view on things. Last I knew Hamas was a terrorist group but yet the media is starting to sympathize with them and condemning Israel. I mean, Hamas attacked first but this is Israels fault? I don't get it.

ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 6:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i hate the media. the try to pass themselves off as a "news" source but they are just as bad as tabloids sometimes! its like when Anna Nicole Smith & Heath Ledger died...why are the following proceedings on CNN? i understand letting the world know they died, but why must i know every single sad detail of how it happened? and what does that have to do w/ politics & the world? i really lost my mind when i saw Anderson Cooper covering the who's Anna's baby's daddy drama.

thats why i watch the Daily Show. cause i wanna know current events, but id rather laugh on purpose than at the sadness of the current "news" stations.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It's just celebrity. It's sad and un-natural for a child to pass before their parents. I feel horrible for the family. As if dealing with this death isn't hard enough, they also have to do it in the public eye. Plus, there aren't many big stories right now (maybe locally), so this is a pretty big scoop. Personally, I have seen it on the net and a little on the news, but don't pay that much attention to it. I have my own family to worry about.
    Anonymous

• BUT, in the case of Jett Travolta, if his parents weren't indoctrinated Scientolonuts, and they believed in giving their child SEIZURE MEDICATION, Jett would not have suffered the seizure he did, and died!

The Travolta's and their brainwashed cult of Scientologists are no different that the Christian Scientists who do not believe in modern medicine, and think they can heal through prayer! Of course, my heart breaks for JETT, he didn't get to pick who his parents were!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Seizure medication isn't 100% and you have to try out hundreds of combinations before finding something that works for you. Not to mention the side effects are often worse than the seizures. MANY people, not just scientologists, avoid seizure medications.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I am appauled at the liberal bias media!! I agree, wait, report in the mean time with respect and honor. This is a young child who lost his life and a grieving family, do NOT make their suffering worse by reporting crap and rumors! The liberal media is a TOTAL diservice to the American people!!!! AND should be held accountable for their crap media reporting!!!!!! God be with the Travolta family...find comfort and peace in their time of suffering and grief!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2009