We are trying to have a baby does it matter how often we have sex?

According to the ovulation chart, I will start this sunday, my husband says we shouldn't have sex all this week because it will lower his sperm count. (I thought that applied if you had sex 3-4 times a day or something) We have the most time at night soooo. My thing is can we? I don't wanna take any chances on missing that egg! I have the ovulation pee sticks (hehe) so I can time it right, but what do you ladies think! Help me get preggers please! LOL

armywifey6

Asked by armywifey6 at 3:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hummmm, Well they say that if you want a girl you should wait till your egg is strong and his the weakest, meaning more sex during that time for you. If you want a boy you should wait till your eggs the weakest and his strongest, once every 2 to 3 days. My husband and I and 2 other couples did it that way and we all got boys. Goodluck finding out..............
    Bella007

Answer by Bella007 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• wwww.yourdays.com it has it figured out for when to have sex for a girl and when to have sex for a boy, we went by that xhart so we will see if its a boy soon
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 3:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I would do it once a day but on the days you know your ovulating you should do it twice. My husband and I had sex once a day for a whoe month cause I wasnt sure on my cycle and we got prego the firt month!! I was shocked, and we got the girl we wanted!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Sounds like you guys are having fun. I say throw all that stuff away and just love and enjoy each other as often as you want....:) The best of luck to you both.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I used those ovulation test sticks, too, since I was all over the map. When we were trying to conceive, we did it once a day in the morning - and I lied w/ my butt jacked up on some pillows for about 1/2 hour after so everybody stayed in place since I was so paranoid...LOL! It was truly a lovely site to see...

Good luck!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 9:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've heard every other day is best...but we just always did it every day and had no problem! Good Luck!
    Kiersten87

Answer by Kiersten87 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Well i herd that if your guy just saves it up untill "that special moment" it doesn't work. So go forth and "do it" lol. I pre sure what got me pregnant was having sex in the morning. I herd it was the best time and that the sperm count was higher. Hope this helps!!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008