"If I had to do it all over"- How many women feel the same way?

I have only one child. I had her when I was 24. Now that I'm almost 41, I wish that I had four kids. I was with a man for fifteen years. I asked him for a baby every year that we were together. This year I was with a different man who said he wanted a baby, but he changed his mind.

Now that my years have slipped away from me for being "good" and hard working (worked at regular jobs and had a business in advertising), I wonder how my life would have been if I had tricked or cheated for a chance for a baby.

I have a lot to thank for, a good job (in midst of recession), and many acquired talents and skills. But I sometimes wonder if I really wasted my life by "earning my keep" and not being closer to my daughter and having more kids.

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 1:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Health

• 41 is still pretty young these days. If you are financially able to, I'd say go ahead and have another baby! Women do it all the time without men, most of them are half your age. You can't re-do the past, but you can decide your future. Good luck to you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• maybe you could find like a big sister program and you could donate your time to help other young girls in the community. Might help make you feel like you arent loosing out on something but rather have plenty to give to others
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 3:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2009