I drink pop and I'm pregnant!

I drink a can a day. I can't help myself i crave it. Anything I can sub it for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You know what, What you are doing is probably okay. Caffeine, like everything else, is fine in moderation. Unless your doctor or midwife is concerned about, you're okay. For Almost my entire pregnancy, I had to drink a can of coke every morning to keep from throwing up. If you really do want to make a change, you could try sparkling water. Wal-mart has some pretty tasty flavors and they are really inexpensive.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Caffeine free Pepsi tastes almost exactly the same as regular. A
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Sorry, I don't know what happened, lol. Also, if you are limiting yourself to a can a day you should be okay. I craved Pepsi big time and my ob/gyn said that as long as I limited myself to one can a day it was fine.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• What can happen to baby if I continue this terrible habit?
    Anonymous

• I drank flavored carbonated water. I drink the Walmart brand, they have lemon, lime, and raspberry. It's not exactly like soda, but it does have the carbonation with no caffeine, sugar, or sugar substitutes.

A can of soda a day is fine in my book.  I wouldn't drink diet soda because of the chemicals, but if you've been drinking regular I don't think the caffeine in one soda is that bad.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i drink 3 or 4 can mt dews a day is that bad this is the 2nd baby and i crave it like crazy what do yall think
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Your baby will be okay. Like I said I drank Coke through my entire pregnancy and my baby was born healthy and weighing 8 lbs.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Wyattsmom205 That probably is not so good. That is alot of caffeine even for someone who is not pregnant. Try some lime flavored sparkling water instead.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I honestly don't think a can of soda a day is going to hurt your baby. I probably drank a 6 pack of diet coke every day with both pregnancies and my kids are perfectly healthy. People thought my daughter was going to look like the "hamburgler" because I ate mcdonalds so much when I was prego with her! I have heard it more than once, woman who do what they want have healthy babies and those who do it by the books have problems. Yes, I know this isn't always the case. but from the people I've talked to it seems to be the case. Do what's best for you though, I'm in no way a dr.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 1:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Thank you so much ladies :)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 1:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009