Need ideas

I have a deer in my freezer. A doe to be exact. Hamburger, t-bones, rib steaks, a varity of roasts, and round steaks. I need some ideas on what to do with this meat. I haven't had deer in years!!

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Easy Crockpot BBQ Venison

In crockpot mix 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of water, and 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix. Add 2 pounds of round steaks. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Pulled Meat Sandwiches

Place the roast in a crockpot. Sprinkle with 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix and 1 whole chopped onion. Pour 1 bottle of beer and 1 jar of peppercinis with juice over meat. Cook on low for 12 hours. Shred with fork and serve on buns with mustard.

We also make a lot of sloppy joes with the ground meat.
    Nurse1209

Answer by Nurse1209 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Make a stew. If you have a crock pot, put in some cream of mushroom soup, the deer meat potatoes, onions carrots and peas, or whatever vegetables you like. Add whatever spices you like. Let it simmer in the crock pot for 8 hours. It will be delicious!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Hamburger could be used to make spaghetti or mix it with a little regular hamburger and make deer burgers, maybe a meatloaf.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 1:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• mmm...venison spaghetti....delicious.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Me nor my family eat beef or anything else unless it comes from a restaraunt. If we make it at home the only meat we use is venison. Besides the fact that it is plain out delicious, it is also 1000 times healthier. You can use it in any recipe that calls for meat. Oh and deer steak. Thats what dreams are made of. Deer chili, spaghetti, fajitas, even add it to hamburger helper if you want.
    medmaster2006

Answer by medmaster2006 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have had it in spaghetti and chili and did not even know it until after the fact. :)
    I know many who make deer jerky also.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my hubby uses the roast and makes the best poorboys. we basically use it like we would beef - it is awesome in chili
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• add a dark beer to recipe one and season well with a blend.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009