Tristen is two, He will go # 1 in potty not # 2 . Do you have any advice he is 2 years old

he will sit on the pot for 30 min but then when he gets up then he will go in his underware instead of the pot. Why?

tmateos

Asked by tmateos at 1:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Because he is 2 and he hasn't learned the art of knowing when he has to poop. An easy way to do it is after each meal, take him to the bathroom, whether he does anythimg or not. Believe it or not, you are lucky he is peeing this early. Just get him into a routine of going after meals and then he will learn to do it himself.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I was (sometimes still do) going through something similiar with my daughter. She started to self potty train when she was about 15 months. But she'd poop in the potty and pee on herself for about a month. Then out of the blue she switched, so I totally stopped using diapers/pull ups. Once she got into panties she really hated the feel of anything being on her, so she would head right to the potty. Unfortunatly I had to go back to using pull ups at night when my husband started working out of town again. Sometimes I don't get to her in time to get her out bed, she ONLY poops at night.

At this age they are still getting used to the whole concept, and are really ahead of the game. So just take it day by day and eventually he'll get the hang of it. Sometimes Jordan will go weeks without any sort of accident, and sometimes she'll have several misses.
    4Girls1truLove

Answer by 4Girls1truLove at 4:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2009