When did my son turn into a hit mommy when I'm mad & then do it again after I tell him no hitting? or he will scratch me I said firmly No scratching & he will do it again! he was so sweet now he likes to hit mommy he's 16 months any advice am I not being firm enough?

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know of a GREAT book that you might find some good ideas in... it's written by a Christian, so I don't know how you would feel about that..... if you are interested in learning the title and author's name please send me a message =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Little boys are always more aggresive then girls for some reason. My dd is going through similiar with her son whose 2. I would try picking up some parenting books or taking an early childhood development classes. Both have great ideas and can help you.

Answer by gemgem at 2:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Get a small punching bag. When he starts to be aggressive or try to hit you then let him know that it is not nice to hit mommy but he can hit the bag when he needs to.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my son does the same thing but he also likes to bite me.He only 15 months.
    when he hite.kicks or bites me i will walk away and not even bother with him.I will sometimes put him in his room.Don't give in to him i tryed the whole"don't bit momma"and he seem to not care so thats why i walk away.
    babyjoe21

Answer by babyjoe21 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• TIME OUT TIME OUT TIME OUT its what works for my son i pop him in the mouth when he bites and tell him that its not ok and untill he learns its not ok he can sit in time out..if he hits me he gets time out and a toy taken away...works so far..good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Agreed on time out. My daughter who is thirteen month old was hitting and kicking. If she did it at bed time, I started putting her into her crib and walking out of the room. I give her one warning, " if you hit mommy again, you are going to bed." It took her three nights of this in a row, and now she is back to my sweet baby that snuggles before bed.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2009