can i take a test now?

im supose to start january 9.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Two weeks after ovulation. It's still too early to tell by test.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• You could, but if the result came up negative, you wouldn't know if it was really accurate or not. I have known people to get positives as early as 9 days after ovulation, but then I have known others to get negatives until their missed period even when they were pregnant.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yeah...you probably need to wait
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 2:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would wait until January 9th to test, that is if you're always on time with your period... If it varies from month to month, I would wait one week after you're supposedly due. Good luck! Here's wishing you baby dust for the New Year!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Prob should wait...i was impatient and tested at 9 dpo 13 dpo and 14 dpo...all bfn! I was about to throw in the towel and on 18 dpo I went to the bathroom, and I had 1 test left and I decieded to take it just to take it and it was a BFP! So although it may be the hardest thing to do, save yourself some heart ache and wait, maybe until a couple of days passed your missed af...hope this helps, baby dust to ya!
    Mommy4Life86

Answer by Mommy4Life86 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• You can test as early as a week before you start your period.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The pregnancy hormone has to reach a certian level in your body before you will get a positive result & different tests detect it at different levels. Id wait till the day your period was due to test as you could get false negatives & have to test again later anyways...

There are tests out there that can be used 5-6 days before your period is due, but again, these tests are more accurate the later they are used. Read the back of the pack, it will tell you when you can test & indeed how accurate the results are.
    sarahjoyce

Answer by sarahjoyce at 6:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009