Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 year old that doesnt no how to act.HELP

ok over the years i have watched my sister strugle to raise her 5 year old. when he was 1 she put him in a daycare because her and her husband spilt up and she was working 2 jobs. well now hes getting ready for kindergarten but hes still in daycare.
everyday my sister gets a bad report about how hes beaten other children up. when my sister brings him over all he does is hit and back talk. i always hear him tell her your not my boss. my sister really needs help because shes at her stress level. what can she do to stop the viloence?


Asked by Wytegirl at 2:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I don't think "yells and spanks" is working kwim? Maybe she's the one that needs counseling. Sometimes people brush things off due to loss? I think she need a firm plan of approach with him- stand her ground no matter how repetitive it seems. Eventually he will get it. There is nothing wrong with using commands with a child and telling them "Obey me" because as the child, that is what they need to do.


    Answer by CooksWife at 2:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • What is she doing to stop it now?

    Answer by CooksWife at 2:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • sounds like your sister needs to actual raise her son and teach him right from wrong. He needs to learn that YES she is his boss.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • this child sound as though he has no bounderies. she need to set down rules and follow through. no more back talk she need so be consistant and plan for it to get worse before it gets better. but I guarentee she needs to take control set limits and follow through and it will get better.

    Answer by Lyndall at 2:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • She needs to look into that daycare that she has him in.

    Answer by Kat122 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • She can try counseling for the child & ask the therapist if they have any one on one workers that work (usually called community support workers). I had two sons like that and both have PPD one some sort. The workers will work one on one with the child to meet goals about behavior and social activity. They go to school with the child and work as someone who will redirect the child when something bad happens. They can remove the child from the environment into another and use training techniques. Your sister can also try taking parenting classes bc they teach early childhood development & she might recognize symptoms in her son shes taught. Good luck.

    Answer by gemgem at 2:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • well shes just got surgery she had her tubes taken out because she keep having tubal pregnancy and now shes got cysts or w.e
    shes really hurt if you no what i mean.

    she yells and spanks him but bi-polar and ad/hd runs in our family and he is bi-polar.

    Answer by Wytegirl at 2:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009