HELP PLEASEEEEE

my 13 month old is a night owl & its Killing me
any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• haha...my 2 daughters are the same way. I just tell them to go back to bed, as far as my youngest she is in a crib still I just let her stay up whenever she wants, she usually just lays there and looks around or plays with her babies she has in her bed. She is 18 months old. Try not to give so many naps during the day, that helps.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Not everyone will like this advice, but it worked for me. I let my daughter CIO (cry it out) and she had a set bedtime. We did a bedtime routine of bath, jammies, book then a kiss and bed. The first few nights were hell, but once you get past that it gets alot better! Now she goes down without a peep.
    lilmissJ

Answer by lilmissJ at 11:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I agree with lilmissJ. You don't have a baby anymore. You have a toddler. Leaving him to cry isn't cruel though it is hard. He's protesting not being allowed to play and spend time with you - just like he will protest not getting a toy or a cookie. Given the chance he will eat only candy and will stay up all night. It's up to you to make him eat food and sleep.

Make sure he gets his naps in the day and make sure he has an early enough bedtime. When toddlers get too tired their bodies flood them with adreneline - which gives them a "second wind". This is why overtired toddlers have a much harder time falling asleep and staying asleep... just like you would have a hard time falling asleep after being in a car accident.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008