tmi: yeast infection.

so i took one of those screening test to see if i have a yeast infection and i do. i also started my period today too (thank god) and idk if it's okay to treat the infection while on my period or if i should wait. also i dont know if it's okay to use tampons? =/ help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Health

• you can treat the infection during period,just make sure to buy the week long or 3 day treatment as the one day treatments are not as strong and your natural blood flo could wash away the meds.I would use pads for now because I know I get uncomfortable when I have a yeast infection and it helps for the area to breathe.Also eat yogart,the natural cultures battle yeast.Feel better soon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• There is a pill that your doctor can give you. You only have to take it once. It's great!!!!! I forgot the name I'm sure someone knows the name. It's starts with a D I think.
    Anonymous

• the tampons is what probably gave you the yeast infection!
    Anonymous

• Try to get antibiotics from your Doctor. I rarely get one, but when I do it tends to go away with your period.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009