Did I rip my stitches??

Hello, I will keep this short and sweet.

I just had my first child a month ago this Friday. And I thought all was healing well with my stitches, but I just went to the bathroom and I saw a long piece of the string. It is still attached, and I don't know what to do. It has a slight pain there now. I am afraid I ripped my stitches some how.

Can anyone help me! Has this happened to you? Is this normal?? Should I call my doctor??

AmazingBlue

Asked by AmazingBlue at 4:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• I would call your doctor just to be safe
    destanies_mommy

Answer by destanies_mommy at 4:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It might be the stitch just falling out once your skin has healed. Did they tell you if you had disoveable stitches or not? You should call and ask but it is probably not a big deal. Good Luck with everything. Congrats on the new baby!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Call the Dr. I would anytime I had a question about something esp after baby.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 8:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• call your doctor and see what they say...
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 11:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• call your doctor. but don't worry. ripped stitches arent that big of a deal, especially after a month. as long as it isnt a lot of them.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2008