Contaction like cramps?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and for the last 24 hours I have these cramps that start high in the center of my stomach, right under my ribs, and then it almost ripples out to the sides and down low. It happens every 3-4 minutes, and while not exteremly painful there is no position that is comfortable and I have not been able to sleep. I have had 2 m/c in the past year and these cramps are no like those, they were down low only and like period cramps. I have also had the ligament pain, and that was sides only, but kinda constant and achy, not a sharp jabbing pain like these are. There is no bleeding, and I am drinking about 7 of my 8 glasses of water a day becasue water itself is making me sick. Do I go to the ER? Etopic maybe? or keep trying to suck it up because my body is just going through changes?

lasombrs

Asked by lasombrs at 2:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was having pains when I was about halfway through this pregnancy. At first I put it off as just normal pains, but it eventually got to the point where it was hurting so bad I couldn't stand up and the pain was going to my sides. I went to the hospital and it turned out I had an infection that was working it's way into my kidneys. With pregnancy there are just so many pains and feelings you'll get, I would recommend just going to the ER. Better safe than sorry. Good Luck!
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• could you have gotten some food poisoning? I did once and the symptoms were the same as u described.Also some stomach viruses have cramps like that. m/c is possible but if u are not bleeding and the cramps are not right in your uterus that prolly is not it.Call your doc and ask, or go to er if u are really worried.Keep up the water and try to write down what u could have eaten that made u sick.feel better.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• could be your baby growing and making your uterus stretch now.. you'll get some weird pains!
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Just a thought, but at only 7 weeks pregnant, your uterus is still well below your belly button, so I wouldn't think any pains that are around your rib area would have anything to do with your uterus/pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I never said the pains were in my uterus. I said "contraction like" as a way to better describe them, and then said exactly where the pains were. I am completely awear that my uterus is still lower in my stomach. Thank you for your completely unhelpful answer, which you knew, since you left your comment anonymous.

To the others thank you for the advice, instead of the er, I will just call my dr tomorrow to try to be seen since it apears to be able to wait for a little bit anyway.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009