HOw do I erase an ipod??

Ok, my Dh has one of the older ipods.. and now he has a new one. I would like to erase the songs on his old one and put the songs that I want on it.. how do I go about doing that??? pm me if you can help.. thanks

jdadmommy

Asked by jdadmommy at 3:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Entertainment

• Try holdiing the center circlular button and the menu button( right above it) at the same time and hold untill the apple logo appears. This will reset your ipod and should clear all songs on it. then you can plug it into your computer and start dowloading new songs. Make sure that your software ie. itunes does not still contain those old songs or they will be automatically re-installed. Good luck!
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• You can also plug it into iTunes, then there is an option to restore the iPod to factory settings. This will erase any information off of it.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 3:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009