Does anyone giv items to GoodWill or heling hands missons?

I use to now I give away to people I know need them. I noticed these places are so over priced...Most time you can find them cheaper at walmart. Alot is junk their trying to make money off of. I was in a good will and a older woman wanted a set of cassette tapes..they were of the bible but was on audio. It was in a video case and says videos were 1.29. But sense there were 8 of them the worker said oh its gonna be about 9 bucks. They woman said she'd give her 5.00. They said no... well has been 2 months and their still sitting there. We have a water front mission also and there isnt a couch under 300.00 in there. Makes me sad for people. They are suppose to help people in need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yea I gave 6 bags of my sons clothes to good will until I found out that I can trade them on here and another sight or just give them to people that need them. I was thinking the same thing most of the clothes there are way to high. I thought it was just me guess not.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I do donate alot of my things to Goodwill---mostly because they are not far from my house. My city's Goodwill store is not as nice as other ones in my area. Alot of the clothes at my Goodwill are not in good condition and are way overpriced. What really annoys me is nothing is sorted by size - it is all by color!! I know that makes it easier for the sales clerks to put the clothes out, but who has hours to spend thumbing thru all the clothes to find things in the size you want? I do like to look in the goodwill stores in other cities, you never know what you will find. (although mostly I look for books at all the Goodwills).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I go in them alot to waste time before i pick up my daugh from school... And I saw a bottle of lotion cocoa butter from family dollar had the sticker on it.... ok it was half gone but they wanted a 1.29 for it. It cracked me up. Where I live the lady who runs it has "im better then u attitude" Ya sell or trade is better. Like craigslist or freecycle. Although free clycle I cant figure it out. Even co signment shops will give u credit to use. I will never give to them again. I have bought stuff from them and it didnt work and some things they had to know or they lied about testing them. Actually I have a cordless phone I bought they said they tested it. It didnt work... has been like 4 months. So i figured Im gonna drop if off n see if they try to sell it. lol
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh yes I agree about lookn in other citys. We were in San antonio and went to one I found a coach purse. I thnk ppl though it was a knock off. NOPE
    Anonymous

• I usually give to people that I know can use them, and if I can't find anyone that needs them I give them to goodwill.

They are overpriced, it's ridiculous.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I usually let family or friends go through my clothes first then we donate them to Goodwill.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I will give them to someone before i give them to goodwill. I know that they need to make money because of the kind of work they do (helping people have jobs and such) but it's gotten rediculous. I've actually seen things in there from the dollar tree (you know, where EVERYTHING is a dollar) for 1.11.
    Brandie_xo

Answer by Brandie_xo at 4:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I used to give to GoodWill a lot. Now we give to our church's food & clothing ministry. They give to the homeless & needy for free. I also use www.freecycle.org
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2009