Can you get your marriage blessed by a priest without the whole ceremony? (We are catholic)

I've been married for 1 year and I want my marriage to be blessed by the priest. We don't have the money to have a huge ceremony or even a little ceremony for that matter, so can I just go to church and have it blessed simply? I guess I should ask the church but I don't want to go and sound dumb. Thanks to all who answer.

msp12r

Asked by msp12r at 4:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It won't sound dumb... there are many that have been in your place. Just talk to Father.... :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes you can. If you do not have the money the church can even waive the small fee they usually charge (usually something like $40-$100.) They will not let finances stand in the way of having your marriage blessed. Talk to the priest at your church and he will help you out.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Absolutely . You just have to meet the requirements and they will perform it like a Baptism during mass. My husband and I are going to do this soon.
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 11:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes.
    mommakline

Answer by mommakline at 6:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• PLEASE ASK THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TO BLESS YOU BOTH AND INVITE HIM TO COME IN TO YOUR LIFES AND GIVE HIM ALL YOUR SIN AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE HOLY SPRIT. We did this and JESUS blessed us greatly.
    yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 7:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2008