ok I feel like an idiot but....

I thought i lost my mucous plug but it wasnt a whole lot and no more came out afterwards. My SO and i had sex the night before so could what I had come out have had something to do with that? It was a thick clear blob and had a brownish tint to it.... I automatically thought it was the mp but I dont want to be getting my hopes up. I was 37 weeks when I "lost" it and am 38 weeks now.....

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 3:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sound like it could be your mucus plug, but I think you would have to go to the Dr to find out for sure. I was looking online a while back and read that even if you loose it, it can still take a week for labor and sometimes you don't even go into labor. Hang in there. This tuesday will be 38 weeks for me as well. I think I might have lost mine as well, but I'm not relying on that to let me know what's going on. If you have a Dr appt coming up just ask them to check you out. Good luck!
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well it could have been that. When I lost mine it wasnt brown, it was pink and clear looking. Kinda looked like a booger with some hints of blood in it lol. I realize its different for everyone though. You also dont go into labor right away when you lose it. Atleast it doesnt happen to everyone. I lost mine June 12th and didnt have my dd until June 27th. With my 4th I lost it in Feb and didnt have him until March 16.

Answer by gemgem at 3:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009