Has anyone put their house up for rent?

We are moving on Sunday and looking to put our house up for rent up I have no idea what to expect with being a landlord. Are we still responsible for everything? (ie: pest control, lawn care, etc.)

lovemyboys628

Asked by lovemyboys628 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Better find yourself a real-estate attorney. It may cost you up front...but save you a bundle in the end. There are way to many people out there who are destructive or refuse to pay their bills. I believe each state has there own laws about who is liable for what. good luck hope it all works out.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Do your homework is the best advice. You are responsable for the house itself as far as the structure but most landlords cover the HVAC. Make sure you look up the laws for your state because they vary. And ALWAYS check references.
    zaksmom8278

Answer by zaksmom8278 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• well as a renter I can say be sure you know your rights as landlords and the renters rights, Like in my state (Oregon) a landlord has to give 24 hours notice before coming onto property,, if you don't follow the law they get away with not paying rent. Be sure to have everything on the rental agreement that they and you will be responsible for like who's responsible if they flush paper towels down the toilet and it plugs up?? little things like that and make sure you get stuff fixed promptly especially if it's dangerous..
    Anonymous