How many wives fix there husband meals other than supper?

sometimes these "I'm hungry requests" come at the most inconvenient times for me and it's not always during usual dining hours. It could be at 2 in the afternoon or at 5 he wants to eat early. I don't like to be at someones beck and call 24/7 to cook or prepare food (sometimes microwave....which I think he's capable of doing all by himself....why does he need me to do that? I am a sahm so I do the food prep and if I'm fixing the kids I'll fix him something to of course but if I fix the kids at certain times and then fix 2 of his meals at different times it gets to be a bit much. It's not like he helps out around the house or even the yard for that matter. Sometimes he helps with the yard but its not near enough and home repairs those have been put off for months. How many wives would do this, I wonder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• lol i only fix one meal a day and me and him usually swicth every other day either lunch or breakfast but we live at his moms due too inconvientent job losses and his mom makes dinner.
    Anonymous

• Uhm no I dont do that. I fix two meals a day for the family. He is part of the family and can eat what I make or make his own meal if he doesnt like what I made. If he is hungry in between he knows whats in the fridge, and how to use a microwave.

Answer by gemgem at 3:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Wow if he wants something he when I'm not making something he can do it himself.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Sounds to me like you're being taken advantage. I was once in a relationship like this and it went horribly awry, not to say that yours will but he needs to get up off his butt and nuke his own snacks.
    But to answer your original ? when making the girls breakfast I'll ask if he would like something tho the answer is ussually no we don't eat breakfat very often...Same goes for lunch, or if I'm making a sandwich I'll offer to make him one as well. And we both make supper. We don't have a routine as to who cooks, whoever feels up to it does it. Most of the time it's me, but I don't do home maintenance or or mow the grass or take out the trash so I really don't mind. (and we both work full time, if that matters)
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ok saying she is being taken advantage of is a bit much , I make my hubby food when ever he wants it most the time , I mean if I am busy he will wait intil I'm done, I do it because I love him and he will do things for me when I need (most the time lol) Me n hubby have a really good relationship and we are both happy to serve one another ♥
    Anonymous

• It depends on the day usually if he comes home for lunch I will make him a sandwich and I usually cook dinner unless he wants to cook on the grill which has been his new favorite thing since he got a new one for Christmas. I don't see it as a problem for me, but usually he will make his snacks and stuff on his own and ask me if i want anything.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 4:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm blessed this time around. Third times the charm lol...my hubby cooks about three times a week and we enjoy leftovers a lot. He especially cooks when his girls are over everyother weekend. I look forward for those weekend cuz of that :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh hell no! If I'm making something I ask if he wants anything, but if he is hungry when I am not already in the kitchen he can go get it himself. I make breakfast for my son and dinner for everyone, but since hubby is a very picky eater if he doesn't like what I make for dinner he finds his own unless it's something I can adapt to be bland for him.
    Anonymous

• So you need to train him properly...NO! I am busy..simple. Why be his doormat?
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I cook meals for the whole family, but not at his every whim! He can eat what I cook, when I cook it, or he can fend for himself! Although sometimes if he gets home from work at an odd hour or something, I will make him something (usually just a sandwich or heat something up) but that's rare and I don't think he has ever asked for it... I just do it to be nice.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 5:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009