Do you REALLY believe that....

little girls mature faster than little boys?

blowingsteam

Asked by blowingsteam at 3:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep. I have seen it in my own children and also learned in my psych classes that it is correct.

Answer by gemgem at 3:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Absoulutly!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I believed it until I had my oldest son. He's 5 and some of the things that he knows and says...not so sure anymore, lol:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• When I have my 6 yr old DD asking me if my SO ever cheated on me and I asked her what that means and she says if he was "seeing another girl and you don't know about it". Ummmm yeah!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh yeah. My fiance is 23 and i'm 19 and we're at about the same maturity level, lmao.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ummmm yeah this is a fact-do a google search.
    Anonymous

• Yes absolutely.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• mostly, yes. Of course you will still have the boys that develop faster, or girls who do so more slowly though, but its an exception to the rule
    Anonymous

• Yes. I have 2 older boys and a 4 year old girl. I remember my boys when they were 4, and they were much less mature than my daughter! She loves to do things like cooking, cleaning, playing house, and she will come and tell me if someone is doing something they are not supposed to be doing. My boys at that age were running around like crazy, doing everything they probably knew was wrong! (running away in malls, throwing fits in the grocery store, coloring on walls...). So yes I do think that girls mature much faster!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I think it typically true, but it depends on the child too.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 5:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2009