Breast feeding and facebook what do you think?

I respect those who want to breast feed, but I feel it should be a private matter between a mother and child. I don't like seeing women openly breast feed, it grosses me out (that's my opinion) Ive been around moms, who use a blanket or go in another room. It makes me uncomfortable, am I the only one who feels this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally wouldn't breast feed in front of everyone, but if I had no other choice I would cover baby and myself and bf. I'm not totally comfortable with doing it anywhere and everywhere, wish I was lol, but I don't care if others do it.
    Anonymous

• It doesnt make me uncomfortable. The babies need to eat and its a completely natural thing between mother and child. I breastfed 3 of my 5 kids and always had nursing gowns, clothes or blankets when I breastfed them. If someone was offended by me feeding my child then to me that was their problem. It isnt anything to be grossed out of embarrassed by if you look at it that way I think. People go out and eat in public and babies are people so why cant they also eat in public?
    Anonymous

• I don't feel the same-boobs make milk, babies drink milk=sounds like a good match to me. I think that if it was seen MORE people would be more accepting. How can we have ALL the crap that we do on TV and ads with half naked women........and feeding our babies makes people uncomfortable??? Seems strange to me. But, people feel that way. Its a shame.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• And, most women do try to be discrete about it. Most that I have seen anyways.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would rather not see it;) I don't mind if somebody is breastfeeding in public and I don't mind if they don't use a blanket, but woman should be a little modest about it. I have seen nipples out in public before and so has my 5 year old. I don't appreciate having to explain this to a 5 year old. I think breastfeeding is great, but this is for your baby not for the rest of the world to see! It is really easy to be modest and respect others during the process.
    Anonymous

• Not everyone is comfortable with it. That is just the way it is. Pushing it in someone's face because you think they need to be ok with it is not right; its rude. Of course your going to have the militant breastfeeders saying how you're feelings are "wrong". Nobody is saying dont breastfeed, just some people dont want to see it. So they are just as entitled to not have to see it as you are to breastfeed. The least a mother could do if you cant/ wont cover up or go elsewhere more private is to let people know so they can chose to leave the area.
    Anonymous

• I'm not comfortable seeing ads full of half naked women. So I chose to try to not look at them. I dont find it "ok" in any circumstances to show your goods to the world regardless of the purpose.
    Anonymous

• It doesnt bother me at all. I didnt breastfeed all my kids, but when I did I was discreet about it. If someone came to my house or something though then I was less discreet because it was my home and if they didnt like it then they could leave anytime they wanted to. I dont think anyone is trying to push anything onto anyone btw, I think most women who breastfeed do it because they are comfortable with it, know its better for the child and anything else including someone elses feelings is secondary. Your child is always first not what others think.

Answer by gemgem at 3:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• whats this have to do with facebook? LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• WOW, I have to say that breastfeeding in public is NOT RUDE. There are lots of things that are. And that is far from it. Wrong word to use. If you don't like seeing a woman breastfeed look away.....period.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009