im a sixteen year old girl that is pregnant, [need help]

so i am 11 weeks pregnant, I have not had an ultra sound. but i have been to the doctor. My manager is pregnant and has had ultrasounds,but i want to know if i should change doctors.

and to add on to that my boyfriend seems like he doesnt want our baby anymore,
but then somedays that he does. I have tried to talk to him about it but he just kinda wants to raise his voice, and it upsets me and makes me cry [because of my emotions and what not] and then all he can say is "go on ashley, go cry some more. Its what your good at."

[what should I do with all of this crap, because I know that I dont need it right now]

ashleyxbrooke

Asked by ashleyxbrooke at 3:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first ultasound wasn't done until about my second dr. visit, but if it is concerning you ask your dr. A lot of times different doctors just have a different way of doing things. So I wouldn't go exactly by what your manager has already had done but I would call my doctor's office and ask them when they normally would schedule an ultrasound. As for your boyfriend I would let him know how stressed out it makes you when he says hurtful things and if he doesn't have something nice or constructive to say don't say anything at all bc you need all the love and support you can possibly get right now.Well I hope I have helped even in the littlest way.Good luck!
    pammie0217

Answer by pammie0217 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well, I would first call your doc and ask when you can expect your first ultrasound. I always had mine at 12 weeks with my first appt. So call and ask. And, honestly, if your deciding to keep the baby-the last thing you need is stress from the boyfriend. Its time to think about yourself and that baby. If wants to be a dick, I would recc. cutting him loose now. You don't need to be yelled at or anything else. If he can't be there for you and be understanding-he needs to go, JMHO.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If *HE* wants to be....sorry
    JennRN09

• You haven't had ultrasounds because you probably aren't a high risk pregnancy. Every doctor is different-I only had one ultrasound with each baby at about 16 weeks. If you don't like your Dr. by all means change Dr's but the not having an ultrasound is very normal at this stage. IDK what you should do about your BF-follow your heart.
    Anonymous

• My doc doesn't start ultrasounds till 16 weeks. Talk to your doc about it.

As to the boyfriend...here's the million dollar question. Are you better off with him or without him? I have the sense the answer is "without."

Answer by gdiamante at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Normally doctors will do one ultrasound for each trimester. If the doctor you have doesnt think you are high risk then he may not do one until your second trimester. As for your bf well you are 16 and I am assuming he is young as well. If he doesnt want to be a part of the experience then you really shouldnt force him to. In the end he will either come around, or not. Either way he is still responsible for helping financially with the child so in the end he will have to help you one way or another. Just focus on you and your child right now, not him. He is totally secondary in this if he isnt being supportive.

Answer by gemgem at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Find a doctor you're comfortable with. This person is going to be intimately involved in your life for the next 7 months and is going to see you at your best and your worst. As far as the u/s goes. Most women I know who are having normal pregnacies only get one maximum of two ultrasounds and they are ussually around the 20 week mark.
    As far as your bf goes, NOONE has any right to make you feel badly. I understand thinking about going this alone is even more frightening than just having a baby at 16 but he has NO RIGHT to abuse you. If you need a friendly ear feel free to hit me up anytime.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• the first thing you need to do is make sure your baby is OK...if you feel your doctor is not doing what is the proper precidure you need to change to a doctor to so one who is more into guiding you through your pregnancy. as far as your boyfriend it may be something new to him (is he the same age as you?)boy now a days are just that boys.im not going to look down on you because my nephew was born to a mother much younger then you and she got it together and so can you. right now forget about anything that can cause you stress focus more on your child and you

good luck hun

bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 4:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If you're going to change doctors, do so as early as possible. I tried later in pregnancy and it was really hard.

Is your boyfriend the same age as you? Sometimes guys take longer to mature (my DH is 46 and still not mature). Also, he might be overwhelmed with the thought of being a daddy.

My best advice to you is to talk to your parents or guardians about your issues.

Good luck to you and keep your head up!
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 4:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i always thought you only got 1 till i got pregnant i had 2. first one was at 11 weeks to identify how far along i was then another at 18 weeks. most poeple who are not high risk, such as high bp, over weight, history of complications will get more ultrasounds. best bet is to call your doc and have them explain almost a timeline fo how things will progress (or how they hope progress) good luck
    Anonymous