Cursor is locked up

The cursor on my other computer is locked up.
I cannot move it. I have turned the computer off and it coes back up with the cursor locked. Is there a button to push to unlock it. What can I do?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 1:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2011 in Technology

• Do you have a lock button on your computer's keyboard (around the F# keys on top) for the cursor? I had one on my netbook that my kids would activate when smashing on my keyboard. Could a button on the mouse be stuck? I'd google whatever model your computer is, and locked cursor and see if you can find an answer.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• Is it a laptop and are you using a mouse? That could affect the answer, but in general, you may have to update the driver for the mouse and keyboard.

Right click "My Computer/ Properties". Select HARDWARE TAB and click DEVICE MANAGER... New the Device Manager Windows will come up.

In Windows Vista, right click on My Computer, choose Manage, then choose Device Manager and click on the Mice and/or Keyboard list. Right click and choose Update Drivers or you can do the same under Properties

Look for the keyboard and Mouse. Click on the keyboard (+ box) to expand. That is what you have to uninstall... Right click the drivers and select UNINSTALL. Do the same with the mouse and restart the computer manually because you won't be able to use that mouse until the next reboot probably. Now, instead of rebooting your computer you, turn it off. Turn on your computer and let it automatically search for updated drivers
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2011