Has anyone tried the 3 day potty training method?

If so do you recommend it? Why or why not? Please HELP!! I am considering doing this, but my husband and I are not sure about it.

CarieP

Asked by CarieP at 4:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know if anyone can completely potty train a child in 3 days, I mean peeing and pooping. It took me months to train both of my completely to where they didn't have accidents any kind of way. But who knows there might be something now, good luck
    Anonymous

• From everything I've read, it's a good jumpstart IF your child is old enough. You'll still have months of follow up and accidents - just as you would with any method - but the short "lock them in the bathroom and pump them full of sweet fluids and salty snacks" tricks can help them catch on to the basics a little quicker.
    As I said, your child has to be old enough to understand what is happening. There are companies that potty train kids and they won't promise any results for kids under 2.5 years.
    These "quick" methods also assume you and the child won't go crazy trapped in the house and possible trapped in the bathroom for 3 days.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Used it in August and had a fully-trained 19-month-old boy in one week. It worked great. He was, and still is non-verbal. We've had zero setbacks in five months. I highly recommend it. After one week, I was running errands, taking him to the park, and living life as usual. The only difference is that I brought a little potty with us in the car and a change of clothes. NO MORE DIAPERS at 19 months! WOO HOO! Go for it!
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 4:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I started training my dd at around 2, but was not consistent enough. When she was 2.10, I bought the 3-day potty training manual (online, pdf file) and trained her in 3.5 days. The author said it could take up to 5 days for someone her age, but it did not. She was fully trained -- #1 and #2, both day and night in 3.5 days. She got REALLY TIRED of me asking if her panties were dry, but she got the idea after day 2 and we have had only 1 or 2 accidents since then (3 months ago). I found it a god-send!
    ctmom432915

Answer by ctmom432915 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You might want to check out this recent post in Toddler Buzz -- this is Part Two. The original post is linked in this one.

http://www.cafemom.com/dailybuzz/toddler/2109/3_Day_Potty_Training_The_Verdict
    Cafe Cynthia

Answer by Cafe Cynthia at 4:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I used the one by Lora Jensen, and my 25 mo old WAS trained in 3 days, for both peeing AND pooping during the day AND night!
    koko369

Answer by koko369 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• What's the worst that can happen? You loose 3 days if it doesn't work. It'll be 3 hard days, but if it works then I'd say to try it
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 1:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009