should i?

Im dating this guy for three weeks..who goes to church and does right...but im not like that i really dont go to church that much but he is wanting me to meet his family and im so scared they wont approve of me..should i meet them or give it time?

haylinn1019

Asked by haylinn1019 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• what the hell, give it a shot. if you extend a greeting, hopefully they should too :)
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would meet them. If they don't like you you will have time to help corect the situation
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would go. You have only been dating 3 weeks, you may as well see if its worth even continuing. For all you know they could be weird or axe murderers. May as well get it out of the way early lol.
    Anonymous

• I understand being afraid to meet them, but I'm sure it would mean a lot to your new beau. I would go ahead and meet them... you never know, you may like them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Meet them. Why not? If they are truly doing the right thing, they will not judge you just because you don't go to church.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If he wants you to meet his family then go for it, just take your own car that way if they try and make you feel bad for not going to church then you can always leave early.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• if you dont feel ready to meet his family after 3 wks then i would hold off, rushing a relationship is never a good idea and it puts more presure on the whole thing, i was ready to meet my boyfriends parents of 3 wks but he wasnt ready for me to meet them until almost 3 months lol so i waited but follow your gut
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If he is a church-goer as well as his family and you are not, honestly I would give the whole relationship a little more thought. He may be a wonderful guy, but may not be a good match for you. Unless you don't mind becoming a church-goer. I would really think about that if I were you. And be prepared to answer that question with one of his family members. Religion is almost always a deal breaker.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• give his family the chance they deserve. everyone deserves a chance. have you talked to him about you not being a regular church member?
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Why wouldn't his family approve of you?

If you are too nervous you could put it off until you get to know him better and I would say to him that you're just not that comfortable meeting his family until you get to know him better. You can see how he reacts and if he's understanding and supportive of your request that will tell you a lot about how he'll respect you and your wishes in the future.
    Hope this helps.
    lookingahead

Answer by lookingahead at 4:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009