11 month old not sleeping

My 11 month old will not go to sleep or take a nap with out screaming her head off for up to an hour. Since she was 3 months old slept through the entire night and went right to sleep. Have tried rocking, pacifier, rubbing her back, everything. It has been going on a two weeks now and not sure what to do. Help!!

Val1313

Asked by Val1313 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oddly enough, after I posted this question - I thought and thought about the differnces of her sleeping since we'd been gone for Christmas. The only difference I could think of was that while we were away - I had laid down a down blanket under her sheet in the pack-n-plays she was sleeping in to make it warmer and more comfy. So I did this in her crib on Sunday night and - Poof - the Best Magic Trick Ever - She magically has slept through the night since...not a peep out of her from the moment I lay her in bed until I wake her the next morning.

Thanks for your posts - I appreciate the response. Oh - and so you know. She had just been at the dr and her ears and everything else were fine. So I knew it was not a medial thing - just a preference. Aparently my infant is a little high maintenance!!!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• try a soothing vapor bath its at like walmart made by johnson & johnson in like a blue bottle it works wonders then get her dressed rock her with her bottle and lay her down turn some light luluby music on but if that work then I would take her to her doc just to make sure she doesn't have a ear infection its really common for kids not to sleep when they have one
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My 10 1/2 month old used to sleep through the night until she started cutting teeth at 6 months. She has 2 teeth coming in right now, and for the last few weeks, I have experienced somewhat of the same - does not want to go to sleep and cries when I try to put her down. Maybe your baby is teething? I also noticed that since my older daughter (6) has been on Christmas vacation (also the last 2 weeks), my baby does not want to nap - maybe she is just wound up with big sister around.
    CBsPartyLite

Answer by CBsPartyLite at 5:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Have you tried taking her to the pedi yet? If this was a really sudden onset, I would be concerned about an ear infection. I've also heard that separation anxiety starts around this time. Do you usually just lay her down and let her cry? Or do you try to comfort her and she still cries?
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 5:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I can't believe you haven't taken her to the doctor... Usually a mom, knows when somethings not quite right, or if you hold her in a certain position and they cry... I don't know if its teeth, headache, something else....... You need to find out...... sounds like she's in pain.
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2009