4 year old wont leave my bed help!!

i need help my now 4 year old is still crawling back into my bed and ihave tred so many things like leaving the light on offering him rewards if he can sleep through the night i even put a lil matress in my room but he still refuses we can stay up all night w himputing him back in bed n he will just fight it any ideas wold b appriciated on how to get him to stay i his own bed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• omg my 3yr old son had this problem! he just broke free of this about 1 1/2 month ago...we just kept getting up no matter how tired and put him back in his own bed saying this is your room,your big boy bed and toys , mommy and daddy have there own room and bed and eventually it worked it took 2 months! but now he stays in his bed or at least room...he has a scheduled bedtime for 8-8;30pm and wakes up anywhere from 6am - 730am.
    Lauren1990

Answer by Lauren1990 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• I told my DD the summer before she started Pre-K, that if she didn't sleep in her own bed, I would go to school and tell all her friends that she still slept with her mommy. She got in her bed that night and has never been in mine since.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• This is specifically why we never co-sleep! You'll just have to get up and put him in his bed.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• Lock your door at night.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 11:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• Try telling him that youll read him a stroy if he stays in bed all night, if that doesn't work then do what Lauren1990, said. thats bound to work too. at some point. I mean since you already have the night light thing in control.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2011