Ok I just got back from a walk.

I went into labor last night but they stopped it. I have been having contractions ALL day but they were not regular but were intense. I went for a walk and was walking for a hour and a half and they were every 5 min while I was walking. They have stayed that way sence I got home. What are some things I can do to help make them stay. I am 38wks tomorrow. I know sex is one but I am dilated to a 3 and have heard that it can cause and infection.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you should go ahead & get checked again... just to be on the safe side.

I was in labor with my first child for 3 days & my contractions were never regular. They got REALLY intense after about 2 days of walking & I felt I needed to go to the hospital... they were STILL telling me to wait until they were regular.

I didn't listen to them & went anyways.... I was dilated to about 6 already. Then they decided to break my water to speed things along.... it was about 7+ hours before they went in after him with forceps.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Why did they stop labor? If they stopped labor there is nothing saying they wont stop it again. Second you can have sex until your water breaks. I dont know who told you that you can get an infection but the baby is protected in a bag of water from things which is why anything like sex, baths etc is fine until the water breaks.
    Anonymous

• They stopped because the Dr didnt want to do me c-section before 38wks and sence I will be 38wks tomorrow They probably wont.
    Anonymous

• i was going to answer, but the first poster said everything already
    Anonymous