How to make a carrot costume?

Help! I can't sew either.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2011 in Holidays

• I would by some green felt, cut into strips and glue on a hat (the bushy top) If you can't sew,, make a sandwich board out fo cardboard in the shape of a carrot, but have you tried googling it? I was all prepared to make a gorilla costume, and found one for $25, cheaper than the fur to sew it with.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• How old is the kid?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• Go to the fabric store and buy felt and felt glue - then you won't have to sew! Just cut and glue the felt into a tapered carrot shape. If it's an older child, the point may have to be in the back - for a baby, though, her feet can just go right into the point.

For the carrot top, use green felt and glue it onto a hat (for a baby). For an older child, you may have to make something more sturdy, that will stand up - how about pipe cleaners stuck to a hat, with felt leaves at the top?
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• Age 14.

I will google it. One thing I saw online said "orange footy pj's" Don't have those for my 14 yo and don't think I could find em. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy, if that's the case, he can buy something else. I don't like paying money for something they can wear one day of their lives! lol
    (no offense to anyone who does though, I just have to watch every penny)
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• I found mine on Ebay,, I googled it and no way would I have paid $100 for brand new,, that is what it would have cost,,he can help you make it!!! Good luck I am going to go and see if there are any carrot costumes on Ebay!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• google 'carrot costume' images to get some ideas.

I think it could be pretty easy to do out of one piece of orange fabric with some fabric glue. I would put orange pants on the child underneath. I would make the carrot tops out of green felt and attach them to an orange cap with pipecleaners.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• What about something like this.

Then he could wear brown clothes underneath and it would look like dirt. Now this might sound weird but...You could probably make it with a tomato cage, then just cut out the part of the cage where his head would need to fit through. Then wrap in some quilt batting and then on orange fabric.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2011

• Sorry... I know that guy looks rather creepy... but you get the general idea!
    SleepingBeautee

• I just googled it and found one for $35, but when you look at it,, I think you could make the whole thing using hem tape!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2011