Whats better...mailing stuff out or leaving flyers at your door when it comes to direct sales?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Neither. Word of mouth and then handing out your information. Sending it in the mail - waste of your money and it will be thrown away. Handing out a flyer - garbage.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 5:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Both will end up in the trash if I haven't asked for it! I'm tired of the endless solicitation of people.
    Anonymous

• I would not do either, it will be a waste of time & money. Word of mouth with people that trust and respect you are by far the best. Listen to people. You are a problem solver. Help them with their issues with what you have to offer. Also, I believe online marketing can be done in a way that is professional and can help others so that they can find you. If you need more info, please feel free to e-mail me.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 5:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Direct sales isnt limited to just offline..internet marketing is very effective when you have a system in place.Good luck.I dont do fliers as I dont find them effective,however sizzle cards may work.
    HealthyMom27

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Neither. go with an email if you have the email address of those you need to reach. paper will wind up in the trash which is a total waste of paper & ink.

bluehenmom87

Answer by bluehenmom87 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The only way that might work is to stand in front of the mall and even then I would do business cards instead. You will probably be asked to get lost by the "mall security"... but I heard a good business person is not worth anything until they have been kicked out of the mall at least twice!!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have had awesome luck with mailings!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2009