How do I know when I'm ovulating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• get an ovulation kit...
    Anonymous

• There are several ways. You can monitor your cervical mucus. Around ovulation it will kind of look like egg white. It is mostly clear, can be tinged with a little blood and is stretchy and snotty looking.
    You can temp and chart. I did this because I was so irregular it was the only way to pinpoint ovulation for me. I used fertilyfriend.cim.
    Some people like ovulation predictor kits, but they were totally unreliable for me. I got false positives and since I had no idea when I may ovulate, I never knew when I needed to start testing with them.
    Oh and something else, as I near ovulation, my sex drive increases and I sometimes get little pinching pains in my sides down low in my pelvis.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Read the book: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 5:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i definitely recommend www.fertilityfriend.com!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 8:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• you will have a snotty looking discharge, it will be thick and white. and you could also buy an ovulation kit.
    Anonymous

• Women generally ovulate 14 days before their NEXT period is due, in a 28 day cycle that's CD14 & in a longer cycle you will find its a later date.

Some will use ovulation kits - though that can be rather expensive - while others will check the position & feel of their cervix, the texture & colour of their cervix mucus (white & sticky is best), & take their basal temperature at a dictated time every morning. As mentioned above, fertility friend has been a great help to many women. Its also said that women will get more sexual urges around the time of ovulation - natures way of prompting us.

Without knowing your ovulation date you could simply be sure to have sex every other day. This will ensure that a fertile window is never missed without you having to do any calculations. And is ideal for women with irregular cycles & those who don't want to monitor themselves.
    sarahjoyce

Answer by sarahjoyce at 6:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2009