take and toss products?

i'm a first time mom and was wondering if it's okay to reuse take and toss products, like their spoons and sippy cups. i've seen some other moms in a playgroup do this, but wasn't sure what most moms do... TIA!

shinbi

Asked by shinbi at 5:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have only used the spoons and yeah, if I can wash them after we use them then I do! Kind of like washing and reusing plastic forks and spoons for adults. LOL
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Do you use old plastic cups and fork to eat on?
    Anonymous

• I reuse the sippy cups. I don't put drinks in them i use them to put snacks in for car trips. They are the perfect size for my dd to put between her legs and have her own snacks in the car.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 5:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I reuse them. I have the cups, straws and lids....into the dishwasher every night...use again the next day.

If they're clean, there's nothing wrong with it. They're "take and toss" because they're supposed to be cheaper and easier to replace than regular dishes, utensils and cups.....It's no big deal to reuse them.

And yes, I do use old plastic cups and forks if they've been properly washed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I always wash & reuse the spoons. I assumed they were just called take & toss so if I lose one in a restaurant or something, it's not like I paid a fortune for them. And my favorite to wash & reuse are the plastic containers that the Gerber #2 fruits & veggies come in. They are perfect for the diaper bag. I use them for cheerios, oyster crackers (my son loves those things), and the gerber puffs. They also happen to be my son's favorite toys....LOL...I think he thinks they're blocks! :-)
    TristansMom440

Answer by TristansMom440 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We actually just bought a pack of the sippys that are take and toss because they are the only things our son will drink milk out of right now. We wash them after every use so there is nothing wrong with them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i wash them and reuse them...i believe it says you can on the package. i don't see anything wrong with it. after several uses the cups get messed up usually from the kids biting on them, but the utensils last a long time.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009