18 year old student living at home rules

IdaB.

Asked by IdaB. at 5:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• home rules for 18 year old high school senior?
    IdaB.

Answer by IdaB. at 5:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• chores, curfew ect.. idk
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• why have you asked this three times in 10 minutes?
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If they're still in high school it shouldn't be any different then before. Expect them to clean up after themselves, get good grades, have a job. Are you planning on letting them live there while in college? The only way I could live at home for free after highschool was f I was attending college and had a job. I moved out when I was 20
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• the rules should be the same as for any other adult in the household. work (or go to school), help around the house, pick up after themselves. If they work they need to share the expenses of living there (partial rent and food) and pay their own car payment and insurance. If they complain, tell them to find a better deal elsewhere.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• same thing for everyone else in the house. Before you plan on anything... everything has to be done at home...chores, etc...
    Oh, and if you drink and I know about it then you wont be going anywhere in the car I pay for and I will not give you anymore money. I will not tolerate underage drinking at all.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• For my 18+ child out of school and living at home she is to obtain a job once she gets the okay from her 6 week OB visit (she just had a baby) and she is to use that money to help pay for diapers, formula, and medicine for the baby. She is to put the rest in the bank and save up for a vehicle.
    At home she is to participate with the cleaning of the house - she lives here just as we all do and all of us have to pitch in to keep our home clean, including her.
    I do things for her, though, like the laundry for her and my granddaughter, drive her to all their appointments, buy them what they both need, feed them, buy her a $20 phone card each month, and let her use my computer when I'm not. I also take care of my granddaughter as often as she will let me and as often as my schedule allows me to.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:23 AM on Feb. 23, 2009